We're excited to announce the FOURTH annual Tailers Cup Redfish tournament will be on October 5th this year.
The Tailers Cup is a catch & release, fly fishing only, redfish tournament around the surrounding waters of Charleston, SC where large tides will offer a variety of great fishing opportunities throughout the day. As always, the weekend kicks off Friday night with the Tailers Ball hosted by our friends @ Flood Tide Co.
NEW this year will be an official Tailers Cup after-party at the brand spanking new YETI flagship store on King St. following the awards Saturday.
We'll have tons of epic prizes coming out the you-know-what so be sure to secure a spot and sign up today.
DATE, TIME, EVENTS
Friday October 4th
Mandatory Captain’s meeting at Tradesmen Brewing - 6:00 pm (FTC Tailers Ball)
1647 King St Ext, Charleston, SC 29405
Saturday October 5th
Lines in @ 6am or anytime thereafter
Awards Reception at Revelry Brewery - 5:30 pm
10 Conroy St. Charleston, SC 29403
*First 120 anglers to check in receive custom Tailers Cup YETI bottle*
Official After Party at YETI Charleston Store
7:30 pm - 10 pm
360 King St. Charleston, SC 29401
- This is an inshore fly fishing only redfish tournament. Wading is permitted. No fishing wrecks or jetties. No chumming, scent, or other unsportsmanlike shenanigans.
- Only two people per team.
- Teams of two shall remain together. If wading, teammates must remain within eyesight of each other.
- Maximum tippet is 20lbs, a leader will be provided, but is not mandatory to use. Any length of leader may be used.
- Any tiebreaks shall go to the longest fish.
- Fishing range is unlimited but teams must check in to scorers table at Revelry no later than 5:00 pm.
- Badfish has full discretion on all rules, fish measurement, fish submission, disqualification and final scoring. No exceptions.
- For the purpose of this tournament, the Tailers Cup headquarters will be Revelry Brewery
Scoring & Measurement
- Most inches wins
- Teams may enter their top 3 fish
- Scoring and measuring fish for this tournament should be done as follows:
- Fish must be photographed with smart phone or digital camera alongside measuring tape and tournament chip provided in Captain’s bag.
- All measurements should be in inches (to the quarter of an inch) and be measured from the tip of the nose to the end of the tail.
- Tape measure inch marks must be legible in photograph or fish will be disqualified.
- All fish must be measured, photographed and released alive.
1st Place Team based on highest total points
2nd Place Team based on 2nd highest total points
3rd Place Team based on 3rd highest total points
Calcutta - Redfish with most spots
By purchasing an entry for the Tailers Cup, you agree to the rules and regulations of the tourney outlined by Badfish. Badfish is not liable for any injuries, accidents, fines, liabilities, or damaged property that may occur during the parameters of the tournament. In the event this occurs, participants promise to never file a lawsuit, demand, action or otherwise assert any claims against the company. All participants are expected to follow the highest standards of safety and sportsmanship throughout the duration of the tournament. In signing up, participants agree to accept full responsibility for their actions as stated above. The tournament is open to anyone 18 years of age or older. Minors are eligible to register and participate with parental agreement. Fish on.